Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic Mk 3 seat switch

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Oz19th 
#1 ·
Hi, is there any chance somebody could post a photo of the microswitch under the drivers seat in a Mk 3 Scenic and ideally what it contacts against? I have heard this switch referred to as a seat position switch and the local Renault dealer is convinced it’s a seat occupancy switch. Mine has dropped off and I can’t work out which way round it goes or if there is something else missing. The switch attaches to a small vertical piece of metal to the right of the left hand seat runner in a right hand drive car. Thanks very much.

#2 ·
Wood Art Triangle Font Tints and shades
Publication Book Line Font Parallel

Hi,

I tried to get a picture of the microswitch in its correct location.

Unfortunately without taking the seat out (which I have done several times in the past to deal with the faulty microswitch) It is impossible to photograph it.

The best I can do is provide you with pics from my RTA manual which may or may not help you

The switch contacts against the seat rail and operates when the seat is moved. It detects the position of the seat and disables the drivers side airbag in the steering wheel when the seat is in the fully forward position.

Good luck

Andy
Publication Book Line Font Parallel

#4 ·
View attachment 197869 View attachment 197868 View attachment 197869 View attachment 197869 Hi, I tried to get a picture of the microswitch in its correct location. Unfortunately without taking the seat out (which I have done several times in the past to deal with the faulty microswitch) It is impossible to photograph it. The best I can do is provide you with pics from my RTA manual which may or may not help you The switch contacts against the seat rail and operates when the seat is moved. It detects the position of the seat and disables the drivers side airbag in the steering wheel when the seat is in the fully forward position. Good luck Andy, do you have a party number for the switch, ours is playing up and needs replacing. I suspect I can splice a replacement in but can't identify a part number. Regards, Stewart View attachment 197868
andy

#3 ·
Thanks very much Andy. All sorted now and I managed to do it with the seat still fitted. For anybody else with this problem, the switch is fitted ‘upside down’, metal contact towards the floor with the wire exit point towards the front of the car on a right hand drive car. There is a strip of plastic next to the seat rail which activates the switch when the seat is between ‘almost fully forward’ to fully forward so a small range of positions when the switch is active.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.