Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Was after some advice i've got a Renault Megane scenic 1.6,mk1, basically my heaters are blowing out cold air i've checked pollen filter it's not there so I take it this can't be a reason, there's no wetness in passenger footwell, so wud this mean it's my heater matrix? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Craig

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

Have you checked the coolant level? You may have got an airlock? There is also a bleed screw on the top coolant hose where it goes through the bulkhead into the heater matrix. Open it until you have coolant coming out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks what does the bleed screw looklike ?
I've recently had my head gasket done does that rule any thing out ?

Thanks for the reply I didn't think I'd get one

R

·
0 Posts
In the attached photo is a later Scenic with a different egine to yours but the coolant bleed screw will be the same.

Yes the HG work might have got some thing to do with the problem if not all the air was bled out. The heater is the highest part of the sytem so if the coolant level drops it will affect the heater.

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't have thought it should matter that much. Though it's probably best located at the highest point in the coolant sytem to get all the air out when bleeding the coolant system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts