Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gots myself a Scenic mk3 but sometimes the drivers door won't unlock. It opens from the inside, but being physically disabled, it is a pain, literally, to open that way. Replaced the battery in the card, nope.

Also, the keyless entry doesn't work on it, it is a privilege trim.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you have only just acquired the vehicle it's possible that the supplied key is not a keyless key. you have made it clear that keyless entry does not work but does keyless start work ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't tried keyless start.

The doors do lock when you walk away from the car though, if that info is of any use.

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Keyless entry faults are a pretty common occurrence with this model, as also are temperamental locking issues. Do a search on this forum.
My Scenic always locks when I walk away, but only unlocks on approach when she feels like it (and then only two or three of the doors - never the driver's). If the lock doesn't work from outside at all what about the fitted normal (hard) key? Or the central locking button?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Isn't there a physical black button on the driver's door only, what happens if you press it?

To test keyless start jump into your car DO NOT INSERT THE KEY CARD keep your foot on the brake and press press the start button as normal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is yes.

Tried to start without the card in the reader. Nothing, just powered up the dash, but the car didn't start.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Then I would say you probably don't have a keyless key. If you have a genuine Renault keyless key, it will have a chrome Renault badge on the back of the key, and the small physical key release button would probably be a light grey colour.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Then (assuming your keys are genuine) you might have a deeper fault with your keyless entry system. The sensor used for starting the car is completely separate from the one used to enter the car. The car entry aerial is in every door handle and is separate from the starting aerial which is near your gear stick. From what your saying they both aren't functioning correctly.
Both types of aerials lead back to your immobiliser computer, which also happens to be the main computer for controlling all the interior electronics in your car. Known as the BCM (body control module)

This requires further diagnosis!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will get my mechanic friend to run a diagnostic on it, see if owt pops up.

Thanks for the information though. Food for thought.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here's a thought, your key fob battery's might be dying. You require zero battery power to insert your keycard and start the car, and minimal power to press a button to send the unlock command, but quite a bit of power to for the 24/7 broadcasting required for keyless usage.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,453 Posts
Try this then first..
Put the car in reverse, dip ONLY the clutch, and Dont insert the card, see what shows on the cluster, when you press (and release) the start button

1 - 20 of 29 Posts