Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,185 Posts
is this scanning all the car, or just EPB?
EPN is also linked to uch, and ecu, so a clutch switch issue could give a fault..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your reply
I normally do a manual scan and go through each subject on the scanner then I pick electric handbrake and check for false they never is any but when I press clear faults it clears the light and the message saying check handbrake but after driving I know about an hour then you use a handbrake then it comes back on very annoying I have changed the brake pads back and front with the electronic handbrake using the scanner to open the calipers and reset them with the scanner the brake fluid has been changed brakes worked perfectly fine it's just the annoying light on all the time brakes work perfectly fine it's just the annoying light on all the time ,any help would be great , thanks again

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,185 Posts
Are any fault showing in any other module?
Have you, are you able to check clutch position switch, (If auto ignore this .)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi , I've tried the above, spanner light went out , but once used the handbrake several times,it came back on , I've tried everything now to no avail, do you think it could be just stuck in the ECU memory, as it won't stay away . Thanks for all your replies , dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
MK3 scenic, finally fixed , check handbrake fault, was hovering the car and found a piece of black and yellow plastic it is supposed to be connected to the clutch pedal switch I've glued it back on on I don't understand why it it is connected to the handbrake warning but I guess it is because I have driven now 100 miles and the light has stayed out yippee problem solved all for the sake of a bit of plastic that wraps around a PIN on top of the clutch pedal which is connected to an electrical module I don't know cars are getting more and more complicated but at least a problem is fixed the orange Glow light and check handbrake constantly on was driving me nuts now I can relax and drive may be for a while before anything else goes wrong fingers crossed it doesn't hope this helps everybody thank you for your time replying to my messages all the best ,Dave😀😀😀😀😀

21 - 25 of 25 Posts