Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Problem with the wife***8217;s scenic 2014

All of a sudden we have intermittent sound on all four speakers , rear speakers are affected but the front are not working at all now .

So I have checked the fader/balance and that is fine I have checked the plugs to the speakers and no problems there . I have checked continuity of the speakers wires and they are intact .

I have checked the plugs on the rear of the radio and they are fine . If I remove the multi plugs and plug them back in I get a second of sound from the front speakers then they go silent again .

At my withs end checked all I can think of has anyone got any ideas ?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
As you mention that you get a second of noise from the front speakers as you pull the connector off the back, that sounds to me that it is making a good connection at some stage of the "pulling off" procedure, with that in mind and by far the cheapest option for you, is to remove the stereo head unit and with some switch/electrical cleaner, clean off all the pins as best you can and then use something to clean inside the connector itself ( a bit of thin emery paper, or folded over sand paper is good for this), be very careful as you do this as the pins bend fairly easily and you can widen the female side so you get no connection at all.

P.S. Welcome to the Forums :grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts