Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this one.. my renault scenic (03) outside temp has been erratic for a few months now, reading anywhere from 22', up to 48' when clearly in the UK its been nowhere near that.. lol.. i know the sensor is on the underneath of the passenger mirror, but i'm looking for info or pics on how to locate & replace it.. please can anyone assist.. be gentle, i'm female (but willing to try to fix it) :d Many thanks

O

·
0 Posts
The plastic cover will need to be got off, but I think you'll need to get the mirror glass off first. Use a wide flat tool, best to use a wooden spatula or similar. Carefully prise the glass from the housing. It feels like it will break but it won't if you are careful. It is held on by clips that clip into a circular assembly where the mirror glass motor is.

Then the plastic painted cover is clipped onto the black main mirror assembly. With a thin blade between the housing and the assembly, lever it carefully whilst unclipping the housing from the assembly.

The sensor is attched to the assembly with a screw and 2 wires. If you need to change the sensor, cut the wires and join the new one on.

Put it all back in reverse.

·
Super Moderator
13,667 Posts
When I changed the mirror glasses to repair the heated bit. I got some of that packing tape (the type that appears trip in accident adverts) slid it behind the mirror & pulled rearwards smartly. It sounded like all sorts of damage was being done when it came away, but t'was only the kin tight clips protesting.
HTH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the help, I'll be giving it a go tomorrow. :d is it repairable, or would I need to replace the sensor?? Well, I'll let you know how I get on(or if I break owt) lol. :d thank u again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts