Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another thing to hamper my driving!!:yawn:

I love my radio while driving!! But now the light up display is on the blink ... Cant see the time, temp, or radio/cd status ... But radio still works!!:d

How do I fix it ??? :confused:

May just leave it to the garage ... When Im getting my speedo fixed! Hafta ... Got a fixed penalty fine in the door for speeding 95km/ph in a 80km/ph zone .... €80 & 2 Penalty points on me licence ....:steam:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Hightower

As the time,temp and radio display has failed at the same time my guess is the bulbs have blown in the display.

The top of the dash will need to come off to get at them.

Hope this helps.

:) :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Hightower,

I have a 1997 Renault Megane Scenic, and a similar problem happened to me. There is a dial that is above the fuse box which can easily get knocked. When it is, it minimises the display for the radio, clock and temperature to the point where you can't see it. It also dims the speedo which you only notice when driving at night. Might be worth checking to see if it has been knocked to its lowest setting.

Rupert

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmmm ... Hard or easy job ???

Will it set off the passenger airbag???
Same happened on my Megane.

Not difficult but time consuming. Get enough spare bulbs in case any others need replacing while you're under the dash!

No issues that I recall with the passenger airbag.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Hightower,

I have a 1997 Renault Megane Scenic, and a similar problem happened to me. There is a dial that is above the fuse box which can easily get knocked. When it is, it minimises the display for the radio, clock and temperature to the point where you can't see it. It also dims the speedo which you only notice when driving at night. Might be worth checking to see if it has been knocked to its lowest setting.

Rupert
If only it could be so simple ... Dam, wifey has taken the scenic out cant have a looksee just yet!!:yawn:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts