Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i am doing the back brakes on my scenic and got one side done fine with the caliper rewind tool piston in no probs. On the other side one of the pads has fell out allowing the piston to come out more than it is meant to. Problem is there is not enough room to get the tool in there now?

I have tried turning it with pliers but turned it the wrong way and now the piston has fell out. I can get the piston back in so far with the pliers and then it just turns but does not go away inside anymore.

HELP! I need the car asap driving.

Adam

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

i am doing the back brakes on my scenic and got one side done fine with the caliper rewind tool piston in no probs. On the other side one of the pads has fell out allowing the piston to come out more than it is meant to. Problem is there is not enough room to get the tool in there now?

I have tried turning it with pliers but turned it the wrong way and now the piston has fell out. I can get the piston back in so far with the pliers and then it just turns but does not go away inside anymore.

HELP! I need the car asap driving.

Adam

=====

In case you haven't resolved this yet - I had the same problem. The caliper tool comes with a U-shaped plate that you place between the caliper & piston. The problem is, once the piston has come right out, the plate is too thick to fit back in. I used a long screw, bent into a U-shape, wedged in the caliper tool instead of the plate. This will give you enough room to start screwing the piston back in place. After a few turns, there will be enough room to put the plate back in and use that. I also used a rachet attached to the top of the caliper tool rathert than turning it by hand as it's much quicker. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts