Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a Scenic 2003, with which I am very happy apart from the rear selt belts. I have 2 children who have now moved to booster seats, from child seats with their own five point harnesses. Whilst I only have 2 children in everything is fine - but when I have a third in I struggle with fastening the seat belts. I am fed up skinning my knuckles, trying to fasten them as they are so deep within the seats, with the booster seats making them even further away. The only way I can get round this is to fasten the central seat belt, with the booster in place, then fasten the outer seats in, using the red seat belt holder. The children then have to get in, climbing under the seat belts. I can then pull them taught and fasten the 2 outer belts in to the black holders. This is far from ideal and very time consuming. Do they make an extension piece to the seat belt clip - the static bit that you put the seat belt in to, to save my knuckles and patience?
Many thanks for any help, as I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Kath.

I'm not sure what you mean, You have to be carefull what you fit so as not to foul the seatbelt from tensioning on impact ?.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
30 Posts
three in the back

Hi
I used to have a scenic and had the same issue (one of the reasons i traded up to something bigger). The problem is that booster seats are designed to fit a standard car seat, but the central rear seat in the scenic is skinny. There is no safe way around this with add-ons. We used to put the smallest child in the centre seat which we slid forward. If the seats are not in a line, you get more space for your hands, but its not ideal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have exactly the same problem!

My twin girls are 2 and in proper car seats, however if I ever take my goddaughter out with us on the booster seat, she has to limbo under the middle belt first! :)

....and then there's the problem of her unclipping the wrong belt to get out! :-(

I sympathise, but can offer no feasible solution.

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sympathise completely. We have all but given up with finding a solution for our 2 booster and one baby child seat problem. We have a Scenic Dynamique with the part leather seats which seem to make the seat belt brackets buried even further into the seat. The leather often gets in the way of the bracket making it almost impossible to clip in the seatbelt without using both hands, one to clip the belt, the other to push the leather out of the way. try doing that on the middle seat, with a booster seat blocking the way, and a child sitting on it!

Have seen some seat belt extensions being sold on ebay. I think they may extend it too much, but may be better than things at the mo? Really just need something to raise the seatbelt bracket up by 4 or 5 inches.

Any further shouts of advise would be really welcomed and may prevent me having to sell it. - The missus has got soooo frustrated with the battle every morning that she wants rid!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts