Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
During the floods my RX4 (1.9dci) perform heroically in getting me, my wife and our 8 month old twins down our flooded street to our warm and dry house. The water was in parts 12 to 18 inch deep which we came through fine, the RX was then left marooned on our drive (high and dry) for a couple of days. now we've gone back to driving it I've noticed a new noise coming from the engine bay, when actually driving it sounds like increased turbo whistle (worrying) but when i had the bonnet up and the engine cover off and gave it some revs it sounded more like a constant scrapeing sound coming from the left side of the engine (auxillary drivebelt area) the turbo didn't appear to be making any noise at all! though correct me if I'm wrong I was taking the turbo to be the silver lump attached to the back of the airbox with a pipe going off into the front wing area. Could the water have damaged maybe the alternator? or does the turbo not make any noise when the gears are not engaged. I'm planning on taking it to Renault anyway but thought I'd throw it out here 1st maybe put my mind at rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts