Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this is my first post......Hi, looks like a life saver forum :eek:

I recently purchased a 1999 scenic 2.0l petrol monaco, all was fine, but I am getting a knock, normally on pulloff, you can feel it also on the steering wheel.

Recently i had a new clutch fitted, the guy pointed at something whilst it was up in the air, apparently needs replacing, it was located underneath the engine and was central, perhaps a little further forward of where the gearstick would be, I did not have time to look properly as was in a hurry.

Is there an engine mount located around there? if so, what sort of price am i looking for a replacement? and is it a job that can be diy easy enough.

I am about to sell the car, but would feel better knowing it did not have the knock. Other than that it drives and performs well.

Any advice greatly appreciated, also is there a cheaper option to get the parts rather than through main dealer? I am based in Croydon

does anyone have an image of the underside view? as i dont have a workshop disk or manual

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i would not of thought that this will be much, it would only take me one hour to do and iam no mechanic, so you will be talking about 1 hour for labour and the price of the mount or rubber bush iam not that sure what it is but i hope this helps all the best Donald

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bit of a long shot

I am after a favour really, maybe a bit of a longshot, as explained on another thread, I need to change the engine mounting on my 1999 monaco scenic, the one located inline with the gear select. Does anyone have a workshop cdrom or manual that that could send me the details including diagrams on how to do this, as well as the part number. It is a 2.0L petrol RXE

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts