Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a renault magane scenic sport alize (year 2000) and my topend is maken a right noise i think its the cam can anybody help me or no if it will be ok its only done 80,000mils any help or advice thank u

O

·
0 Posts
I had the exact same car with a 2.0 L engine. Sounded tappety. It was noisy when I bought it at 50k and stayed like it until the belt went at 111k.

I now have the newer MkII, 2.0 L the same engine. It has 46k on it and sounds similar. Other 2.0L I've heard are the same.

Mechanics say it is fine.:idunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya m8 thats the one i have with the 2.0L engine

im just hopeing it going to be ok because it about £400 or more to put right did u do anything to try and make it quiet

R

·
0 Posts
It could actually be the hydraulic lifters and not the dephaser pulley that’s making the racket? I have just changed the cam belt and dephaser pulley for a 2nd hand good one on a 2000 2.0 RXE Scenic but the noise has just come back!:mad: So will be taking the top of the engine apart some time this week and see if it’s not a hydraulic lifter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive got the exact same car Alize 2.0l on a 2000 and mine makes a slight tapping noise - ive been told its the hydraulic lifters on mine... tbh it doesnt bother me and my car still goes like sh** of a stick :)

im currently selling the car on ebay and just advertised the car on this site tonight...

The lifters are cheap enough to buy - however the expense is at taking the head off ...

they can still be driven like they are though :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts