Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Bought a P reg Scenic 1.9 diesel a couple of months ago and already a couple of problems;

1. Offside rear door is locked permanently. Stripped down inside facing and all the levers/rods and central locking appears to be operating o.k however will still not open. Did find a small spring in bottom of door which could be cause i guess ?? Read in another forum solenoids are prone to giving up ? Big problem is access as near immposible to see what is going on without door being open first.

2. Every now and again (maybe once a fortnight) the car won't start at all. When you turn the key there is absoletely nothing, no sound/noises whatsoever. Don't think an immobilser problem as the car should at least turn over. Problem seems to cure itself after a few hours and car works as normal again. Have read other forums that mention fuel management relays in engine fuse box or a loose screw on earth wire from gearbox ?

First Renault i have owned and just wondering what i have let myself in for as have read about these problems and seem like common faults.

Can anyone give any definite clarification on how to solve these issue.

Help Please !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Regarding the door. I've had the same problem both sides in the rear.

You have to remove the door panels from, the rear. Near the actual locking mechanism, there should be a white plastic cover. You need to carefully remove it.

Then get a long flat blade screwdriver and you should actuallly be able to press the lock release to open the door.

Is very tricky and gets really frustrating, but once you do it you will be well pleased.

First door took me about 2½ hours, second one about an hours and a half.

Form there you will be able to see if a new lock is needed or if you can fix it yourself.

Good luck ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts