Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started with a clicking noise from the control unit of the rear drivers side electric window.

Then the window went down on a few occasions when locking the door. I managed to get the window back up bit by bit just by removing the fuse and replacing it until the window was fully up. I then bought a second hand control unit.

I connected it back up but things worked in the opposite way than expected. To wind it down I pulled the switch up and to get it back up I pressed the switch down. Then when I deadlocked the car the window wound down!

I have had to disconnect the control unit again.

Have I been sent the wrong unit or is there a way to set it up?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts
Would say yes, do you have the original, check the numbers on both temcs,,

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
Hi

Would help if you had filled in "what's in my garage" I have no idea if your Scenic is a Mk1 II or III,.

I think from pervious threads on here, that these units are handed and not all are backwards compatible between the models.

If you update your details and confirm which model you have, and which switch you bought a scenic expert may have a better chance to assist you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Scenic is a 1.4 Dynamique II (2005) with the coding faded on both units.

I was thinking there maybe a set way to set this up, with me not realising hence it works 'back to front'.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts
Its down to the Temic,, you can try this, but not saying it will work.
Send the window down , now hold the rear switch down for 10 seconds, release and hold it down for another 10 seconds. see if that will cure it..
Sounds like you have a temic for a megane,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts