Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Scenic 3 and for the second time one of the tailgate struts has seized and sheared off the top holding bracket, damaging the bracket beyond repair . (It was the strut at fault, not the bracket.) Even after 61/2 years Renault have agreed to pay 30% of the cost of repairs. Replacing the strut is no problem BUT the bracket was ordered about 5 weeks ago, it is on back order and Renault have no idea when it will be available.
I need this sorted fairly urgently and have been trying to get hold of a second hand bracket, but can't find one off a Scenic 3. I imagine it must be a generic part, does anyone know what other models I can get the part off, or how I can find out? Or any other thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you tried salvaged car yards? It's a good chance there're a few totaled scenics, it should be a fairly popular MPV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I tried online salvage yars and search sites without success. Fortunately my very helpful local main dealer took a part off another scenic and fitted to mine which has enabled me to trade in my car (but not for a Renault).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts