Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, I was hoping I might get some advise. I may be about to buy a 1.6 Scenic on a 05 plate, when I test drove the car the temp gauge only got as high as two bars and the hearter only got warm/hot but not hot when on max. I left the car running out side the house for about an hour and this made no difference to the gauge. There is no residue in the expansion tank nor anything odd with the oil apart from it been new from the service. The dealer has changed the timing belt. I am hoping that the water pump was changed and he has not bleed the system properly but I don't know if the water pump is run off the timing belt. Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you have done?
All the best Steve.

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

The water pump does run off the timing belt.

I would think the thermostat needs changing from the symptons you're describing.

HTH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea will do, the cars good good to drive, gearbox shift was a bit clunky, I put this down to the selector system but there was no odd sounds from anywhere and it was pretty tight else where. I was quite surprise with the car. thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi don't know if this will help but i had a rover that did the same as a quick fix i covered half the rad with a piece. Of cardboard which fixed the problem had to take it out when towing tho hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts