Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to get at the washer bottle in a 2000 Scenic Sport Alize 1.9 dci ?

When I try to wash the front screen water comes out of the rear washer, as it does when I wash the rear one properly. I'm told need to get at the washer motor and check the current flow to determine if it's the switch or the motor that's failed, is this correct?

Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 04 plate scenic with the same problem. Found the motor works in both ways, but only pumps to the rear screen.
Problem is due to a sticking valve that directs water from the pump. Found a solution on the web so I Drained the water tank, part filled with hand hot water and pumped that through to try to flush system through. This worked but only for a short time.
I found a join in the front washer jet pipe - between the offside wing and the bonnet hinge plate. Using a foot pump on the pipe I blew the water the pipe back towards the tank. tried the front screen wash and water pupme out the pipe. repeated this a few times and now the washers work every time.
Now I know where the join is, any further blockage is a quick fix.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
If its anything like my old mk I Scenic you have to take off the front wheel drivers side then remove the plastic arch liner. the water bottle should be behind that.

D

·
0 Posts
If the waters coming out the rear,doubtful if its the motor,if it is I got a new one for sale.Doubtful if you need one after 3 years.
Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
We're having trouble with our 2000 Scenic. We bought a new washer pump today and water is coming out of the rear jet but not out of the front jets! have blown them through to no avail. Any ideas on what else to do would be greatly recieved :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts