Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my 2004 scenic 1.9DCI I keep getting the warning on the dash CHECK PARKING BRAKE.
The parking brake seems to be working ok although the little warning light on the hand
brake switch does not light up, is there a cure for this and is it anything to worry about.
I relaced the switch with another s/h one which I was told worked perfectly but it has not made any difference and the light still remained off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ray - same thing happened to my 05 Petrol Scenic. Took it to my local garage, replaced switch and replaced a faulty wire, dash fault cleared and red light back on brake handle - fingers crossed. £229 to fix - didn't charge me full labour cost which was a bonus. Quality of Renault wiring is rubbish apparently!!:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: scenic2 electric handbrake warning light

Hi Doug,Thanks for your reply,I did have the original switch relaced as I stated but my local garage reckon it could also be faulty.I rang Renault dealer and the cost of a new switch is 71
pound so I think your bill was a bit steep considering the cost of a new switch.Anyway thanks for your help and I agree with you about Renault electrics they are rubbish I've had problems with windows and cables on electric handbrake and the cost of repairing them is extortion.I shall never buy another Renault once I get rid of this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ray - yeah - garage charged me £70 for switch but the bulk of the bill was labour charges for the time they took to identify the faulty wire and replace. I assume Renault dealership would have been more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.