Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
last sat my eldest had his school prom,in my day you just got your school report a shake of your hand and bye bye.here is a few pics.the last photo, young fith could not resist having his photo taken next to his favorit make of car.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
One of neighbours daughter obviously has a bit of taste. Last year she was taken in a beautiful Bentley...

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I got to burn all of my textbooks and coursework. That was about the only 'ceremony' that we had. :p

Is it just me though, or is the UK becoming more Americanised by the day? We went to stay with friends last week because they were having a birthday party for their three year old. We took a pinata, bought from ASDA (or should I say Wal-Mart?)

So we have pinatas, school proms, gun crime, a compensation culture, and many many more. It's just a shame we don't get a constitution and a bill of rights. Oh well, we could always declare independence from ourselves.

Maybe we should do it tomorrow :p

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could we have a poll on americonisation horatio.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
I seem to recall we all went to Hastings Pier and got inanely drunk and started fighting when I left school:rofl:

Maybe your young'un would think twice about having that motor as his favourite make when he see's this :crazy:

PS: Is your eldest gonna get a job down the mines now and pay for your keep;) :rofl:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I remember the fun of cramming as many people as you could into a limo, to make it cheaper. Lol.
We weren't fancy enough to get a hummer one though.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
could we have a poll on americonisation horatio.
It might not be a bad idea.

You say potato. I say potahto. :p

Reading back, I must apologise for the curmudgeonly threadjack. It wasn't meant that way, but it reads back as though it was. Hope I didn't put a damper on things :crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I seem to recall we all went to Hastings Pier and got inanely drunk and started fighting when I left school:rofl:

Maybe your young'un would think twice about having that motor as his favourite make when he see's this :crazy:

PS: Is your eldest gonna get a job down the mines now and pay for your keep;) :rofl:
more like going up the chimney,s to pay for his keep.he is off to college in september then hopefully onto uni, so a few more years of digging deep,youngest still thinks the hummer is cool,even after seeing the link.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It might not be a bad idea.

You say potato. I say potahto. :p

Reading back, I must apologise for the curmudgeonly threadjack. It wasn't meant that way, but it reads back as though it was. Hope I didn't put a damper on things :crazy:
i had 2 yrs driving for asda,it suited at the time,as the wife was on a 2yr part time course as well as holding down her full time job.they expect us brits to work the american way,i couldn't wait to get back into the real world.i.e weekends off, bank holidays off,a family life again.great.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I remember the fun of cramming as many people as you could into a limo, to make it cheaper. Lol.
We weren't fancy enough to get a hummer one though.
marky there was 14 in the limo,they arranged it themselves.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've met Horatio,and he is officially not old.........well,not 60 yet anyway.:)

No proms for me either,just a 'good bye,good luck and good bl00dy riddance!'.I was too busy going to the pub for a prom,any how!.I still wouldn't have pulled,even if I was in my bestest tuxedo.....:(.Arrrhhhhh........:d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Heres another Hummer limo that was at the Yeovil v Blackpool play off game at Wembley.There were thousands of limos there......we arrived in a Peugeot 806 taxi!.Oh yes,we have class......:rolleyes:

(Sorry about the cr8p photo,but we were running to get back to our taxi before our drunk apprentice caused any more trouble!)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts