Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam having trouble with my water resvoir he keeps blowing water out the top of the bottle and i have to fill it up every day just to do a 3 mile trip to town and back its over heating and leeking water from the bottle top ive had 4 people look at it and they all say its not the head gasket but they carnt work out wots wrong the pump seems to be working fine as well and there are no leeks anywhere i wood be very greatfull for any advice you can give me

O

·
0 Posts
How does someone tell it's not the HG just by looking at it.
Pressurising of the system is a classic symptom of HG failing.

How has the pump been checked out of interest.

This a problem I am well aquainted with, as my son used to have a 2.5 TD Jeep. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Scooby - welcome to the forum.:)

A bit more information regarding , make, model, age, engine type and miles of the clock, etc, would be a great help.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi scooby..
i agree with ourcar's reply, what tests have been done ??..
something you could try is, when the car has cooled down and the pressure has released from the expansion tank unscrew the filler cap and see if it smells of petrol/exhaust fumes and look to see if there is any oily deposits floating on the coolant in the bottle, it might only show a slight rainbow effect .. HG failure can show itself in a couple of different ways ... hope this helps ...AL...

O

·
0 Posts
Airlock is possible, so you will need to get the car at an angle so the engine is tipped in favour of getting the air out. Usually by jacking the back end up.

Is the coolant clean and properly diluted. If not, it's a good opportunity to do it now and flush the system.

A chemical test will detect any exhaust gases in the coolant, indicating HG failure on the water jacket side of the HG. Oily water indicates a failure on the oilway side of the HG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts