Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has been asked before, but worth a try!
I have an 05 Laguna Dynamique, and I was wondering if I went to a scrap-yard....are there any goodies that I can salvage to up-grade my car with minimal fuss?
Things like reverse sensors...is the wiring all ready on my car?
Is a stereo upgrade straight forward? Can I add heated seats? Does an in-built sat-nav system go straight in AND work?
Any tips and ideas would be grateful!

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
Hi Barry.

I admire your enthusiasm, and whilst its true that many parts are interchangeable and can be wired into shared looms - Renaults (like most/all modern cars)have an ecu which operates on a CANBUS principle, whereby the ecu has to be educated to accept changes to specification.

it's not just splicing cables and getting a good earth, I'm afraid - unless you have or have access to a Can Clip you'll at best, be fitting items which won't work until the car's reprogrammed, or at worst be damaging other parts of the car in the process.

Definitely a case of treading carefully before tampering.

Sorry if I sound a bit alarmist, but there's not much point in opening a Pandora's Box, and THEN wondering how to close it.

HTH,

Paul

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
With cars these days, 'hardware' isn't the issue - it's 'software'.

A decent set of boots on a car, makes a real difference to how it looks & drives - enjoy.

Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of upgrading my suspension too. But going off past experience, the aftermarket systems are a bit too harsh for English roads.
Going to see how much Renault want for a set of springs & dampers off the GT model of my car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts