Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hello, first post here.

Hoping someone could offer some advice.

As the title says when I reverse and turn the steering wheel right like when reversing out of a driveway for example, I get a loud sharp screeching sound that if I turn the wheel more turns into a grinding noise.

Its from about 1/4 turn to full lock on the right side if that makes sense.

Its not as bad the slower you turn.

So if I gradually turn out of a drive I can nearly prevent it, If I for example reverse straight out then right hand down to turn sharply into the road its a horrendous noise.

Ive taken the cv boot off and packed it with grease which very very briefly quietened it down but not for long.

It also makes a slight wurring noise when turning right whilst driving forward like driving around a round about etc...

Please give me some good news so I can smile like this dog

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I suspect either your power steering belt is slipping/knackered pump OR you're low on power steering fluid

Have you checked the fluid?

just to clarify the good news, fluid is about a fiver, a new belt is about £15 quid BUT a pump is ££££

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,415 Posts
As above check power steering fluid air in a power steering system due to low fluid level can make horrendous noises

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.