Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little beeping alarm to notify that the seat belt isnt being worn has stopped working ? any ideas?? The warning light is still working just not the alarm????:eek:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Not sure on this but if the fuse had gone would the light work???????Have you check the fuse its worth a try

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
There are 2 small strips of metal within the seat belt holder that make/break contact. When the seat belt isn't plugged in the two bits of metal touch each other making the circuit which triggers the beep. When the belt is plugged in it pushes these two bits aprt, breaking the circuit & silencing the alarm. The warning light will still work because that is controlled separately.
You will probably find that these bits of metal are either worn or broken.

Its a fairly easy job to open the seat belt holder, all you need is a small torx driver. Once the holder has been opened you should be able to see the metal strips - it may just be a case of gently bending them back with a pair of needle nose pliers so that they touch again. If they are broken or have lost their "springiness" ( made up word) you probably need to have a new seat belt holder.

I have heard of others deliberately bending this strip apart because the beeper was so annoying.
This is certainly true of the Megane seat belt holders so pretty sure it will be the same on the Laguna!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
There are 2 small strips of metal within the seat belt holder that make/break contact. When the seat belt isn't plugged in the two bits of metal touch each other making the circuit which triggers the beep. When the belt is plugged in it pushes these two bits aprt, breaking the circuit & silencing the alarm. The warning light will still work because that is controlled separately.
You will probably find that these bits of metal are either worn or broken.

Its a fairly easy job to open the seat belt holder, all you need is a small torx driver. Once the holder has been opened you should be able to see the metal strips - it may just be a case of gently bending them back with a pair of needle nose pliers so that they touch again. If they are broken or have lost their "springiness" ( made up word) you probably need to have a new seat belt holder.

Hi would this be true of my 2002 espace i have i light but no buzzer????/

I have heard of others deliberately bending this strip apart because the beeper was so annoying.
This is certainly true of the Megane seat belt holders so pretty sure it will be the same on the Laguna!
Hi is this true of my 2002 espace i have i light but no buzzer cheers?????

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Don't know Donald,sorry.
Not sure when they started fitting the buzzers.
Apparently an audible warning as well as visual gets 1 extra point in the NCAP ratings.
I think Renault introduced it on the Laguna, when Toyota became the second manufacturer to get a 5* rating with the Avensis - it beat the Laguna by 1 point. Renault fitted the audible warning so they were "equal" top again for safety! Not sure if it was 2002 or 2003!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Don't know Donald,sorry.
Not sure when they started fitting the buzzers.
Apparently an audible warning as well as visual gets 1 extra point in the NCAP ratings.
I think Renault introduced it on the Laguna, when Toyota became the second manufacturer to get a 5* rating with the Avensis - it beat the Laguna by 1 point. Renault fitted the audible warning so they were "equal" top again for safety! Not sure if it was 2002 or 2003!
Thats great thank you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts