Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a Laguna 2, just on 5yr old so have been looking at a new replacement, on the road, 12mths tax etc. Cars I considered were: -
1. Mazda 6 (garage distance 7mls), they offered me £3K
2. Toyota Avensis (garage distance 7mls), they offered me £3K
3. Peugeot 407 (garage distance 7mls), they offered me £4400
4. Laguna 2.0ltr Privelege, Local (garage distance 6mls) Renault garage offered me £2300.
5. Not so local (garage distance 35mls) Renault garage offered me £4400+extras+personal plate txfr cost+full tank of petrol.

It's not so much the part ex values that bother me but my last 4 cars have been Renaults (2 from the local garage), and I cannot fathom how one Renault dealer can be £2100 less than the other, for the exact same car and details with those that I viewed. The low price came from a Renault dealer who couldn't be bothered even to look at my car and just used his computer to generate a price. The not so local dealer wanted to sell a car, was not pushy, and offers a good service. Which one would you go for?

O

·
0 Posts
Strange - at the end of the day it's all about how much to change but from what you're saying the 2 Renault garages offered considerably different trade in prices with the same replacement car purchase price!?!?

A good way to see what your trade in is worth is to look at Vauxhall click on OWNERS and then VALUE YOUR CAR, you could also try Sell Your Used Car Online For Free - We Buy Any Car. they will give you a price to buy your car leaving you to then go and do a deal on your new motor with no trade in.

ps... welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.
Did my homework, looked at the mags for prices, phoned for a couple of blind prices and genned up on the cars I was interested in. Played the salesmen at their game (albeit as best as I could) and still ended up with a difference of
£2100. It was as if they didn't want to sell a car?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Its more likely that they did want to sell a car, but wanted to make money both ways (i.e. from the trade-in price of your car - which they would then sell-on, plus the profit from the car they would sell to you).

Its not that uncommon to see things like this - try shopping around for insurance quotes and you'll see what I mean.

Paul:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts