Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, it's not all doom and gloom at Longbridge. There are chances of a last ditch effort to clinch a deal that will get _some_ manufacturing restarted at the MG Rover plant in Birmingham

So - maybe it's time for us MG owners to celebrate!

The hearse

Specification

Engine - 4-cylinder 16v 1.8 turbo
Power - 160bhp

Top speed - 130mph
Acceleration - 8.9 seconds (0-60mph)

Equipment level - better than expected
Handling - phenomonal
Quality - you'd be suprised!

Pictures

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hope 'tis not Rover oil spots on your driveway. ;-)

Mum has a v6 75 which looks like a pub on the inside how is yours ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah - it's tyre dressing! :p

Very nice inside, but not "comfy". Very low slung, snug sports seats and alcantara everywhere. Very pleasant in a functional and sporty way...

What's your tourer like inside? Nice?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Just watch that coolant level. The K series has a relatively small coolant capacity, even a small leak which a lot of engines could tolerate can upset the K. The heated inlet manifold gaskets used to perish at around 30K causing leaks, may have been modified on newer models though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep - it's a weekly routine to check the coolant tank. I don't think they ever increased the tank size to be honest!

This is the dreaded head gasket failure that MGRs are renowned for - and which can generally be avoid with a bit of TLC... (fingers crossed!)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I had a "very, very spirited" drive in mine two evenings ago. 80 mile round trip from Manchester back to Manchester via:

M67
- Glossop
-- Holmfirth
--- Huddersfield
-- Woodhead Pass
-- Glossop (via reservoir road)
M67

Very, very enjoyable. Came back with a big grin. The hearse has been misfiring at idle (it's going in next week) but it never missed a beat. Sprained the speed limit a bit here and there ;) but I had my Roadcraft head on and was driving quick but safe with plenty of limit point awareness

·
Registered
35 Posts
dont get me started on motorway speed limits! and i firmly belive that there is nothing wrong with going fast on the road if the situation duly permits. i feel i drive very safe, i know i'm young and we all say it, but i mean it! IAM has drummed it in my head, and i value my ncb!

·
Registered
35 Posts
selwonk said:
Have you done your IAM then?
mock test on tuesday. i'm doing everything i can do lower my insurnace! done my pass plus so that helps.

dont get me wrong though, IAM has really made me a better driver. its basic things that you should really know that got me. though there is 1 thing that is going straight out the window once i'f done my test - I HATE FEEDING THE WHEEL! i dont care wot they say, it doesnt give you more control

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get the right instructor and he'll show you the "Police approved" method for crossing your hands...

Limit point is great, as is using the full width of the road. My dad used to me an IAM instructor so I've picked a few things up. Always meant to do the full hit but never got round to it

·
Registered
35 Posts
do it! thats my next sneaky insurance plan, become a IAM instructer so i can put 'driving instructer' on my policy! that should help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts