1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first sorry for my english.
i have senic 2001 1.6 RST AUTOMATIC.
Hello everyone.
So first of all the full description of the problem: When I try to start the car, I reached a stage where the lamps are lit on the dash and then the next stage car should start but the key here simply does not go to the next level and if it is locked!
After countless attempts at remembering my car has protection when the gearbox is not in P or N vehicle not starting.
Although the gear was on P mode the car will not start. I decided to play a bit and I took off and Halti the gears and suddenly the car start!
I run into this malfunction a few times a day and quite frustrating to me to play with the chalk to the vehicle will
I started thinking how to solve the problem, I read some technical material abroad and realized that at the engine kind of electronic box called "GEAR SELECTOR." I opened it there was an e-card and mechanical switch of gear that moves with moving gears in different situations.
</SPAN>Cleaned the card and its contacts with spray cleaning components and assembled everything back .. nada problem remained the same problem.

In short friends I'm pretty stuck here. What do you think the problem stems from? If the problem consists How can maybe work around this gear defense?</SPAN>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Auto can have this problem. its normaly down to the seletor poistion switch. Had alot of this with vauxhall vetra's. I'm a new rnault owner myself, however i would have thought that replacing the poistion switch should cure it. Also as a side note, i have found adjusting the selector cables slightly has worked not all the time however

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.