Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am currently having problems with my laguna experiencing juddering when going round r/h bends (which is progressively getting worse and has now started doing it intermittantly whilst on straight roads)......
I have it booked into reno for next week, but still live in hope of sorting it before then..........
Anyway i decided to jack whole front end of car up to see if there was any noticeable faults (even thats quite hard to spot with my limited knowlege).

lifted both wheels clear of ground and put into 1st gear........the l/h wheel was driving quite freely, whilst the r/h wheel was turning very very slowly and moving an inch at a time...When i revved the engine (same action as accelerating) the right hand wheel span fast and after i throttled off it stopped very fast, went backwards for a second or so and then started moving forwards again, very slowly an inch at a time.
The exact same thing was happening in 2nd gear, but obvioulsy at a faster pace.....all the while the left hand wheel drove freely.........

Then when i looked at the dash the 'STOP' illumination and the 'SERVICE' light had both come on.
I stopped the engine and lowered the car back onto floor level. When i started the engine back up, the 'STOP' light has gone out, but the 'SERVICE' light is still on and the 'ABS' light has decided it wants to join the party.....

What have i done to this poor car, anyone have any ideas.

Regarding the strange behaviour of the r/h wheel....as i said i'm quite a novice, but seeing as how the car initially started juddering on r/h bends, and my r/h wheel seem to be performing quite strangely i can't help but think that these two are linked...........OR IS THIS NORMAL PRACTICE......ITS OVER TO YOU CHAPS.
Cheers.:driving:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi there dont panic to much all you have done is put the abs into a fault mode, by having the front wheels turning and the rears not it has detected this as a fault, should be simple to clear give it a run for bout 5 to10 miles it should then be clear! your orriganal fault sounds like you have a lower balljoint fault or steering arm. hope this helps

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bigshow, took it out for a spin this morning and the lights went out after about a quarter of a mile....which was a relief.

As for your info on causes of original prob....Thanks, i'll pass that onto a garage friend of mine, before resorting to admitting it to reno.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
ok my freind thats good news, have them check steering and suspension thoroughly, recon its just a lower wishbone issue! good luck big show

1 - 4 of 4 Posts