Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2007 1.2 TCE Clio III Rip Curl edition (dynamique spec). The car underwent its fifth service at 49k miles in June, but the service light remained. I went off on holiday and when I returned last week, I discovered oil had been leaking all over my driveway, so I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the oil pump for free, as they hadn't sealed it properly during the service. Anyway, the airbag light and service light remain on, the guy noticed it at the dealers, but when I picked the car up today the lights were disappointingly still on. Any common causes or quick fixes that I might be able to do myself?

I've obviously tried turning the passenger airbag on and off but that doesn't turn it off, it lights up a warning light next to the trip computer instead. I read elsewhere it's something to do with the wiring underneath the passenger seat? I'm just hoping it is that so I don't have to ring up the dealer and try my best to get a fix under my service warranty

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,898 Posts
It's very common for the connectors under the passenger seat to cause this on the Clio11 but don't know about the 3 it often happens when someone adjusts the seat try moving the seat about and have a look under it try pressing any connectors back together.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Evening, had a similar issue with my megane 03 plate, and was fixed as per Ralph's message, the connectors just don't make a good enough contact, my resolution was wd40 on both the male and female, then a cable tie, it has not occured since.:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts