Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, i am new to the forum. I have just bought a 2001 Laguna II 1.9dci DYNAMIQUE from the auctions and love it to bits however, the service light is on and i just cant afford to get it done by a renault dealer. I had a local garage service it but the service light has not gone out. Can anyone help me to get rid of the this annoying light pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssse. Stupidly i bought a 'solution' from ebay but all it did was reset the miles to next service display, but the LIGHT IS STILL ON. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the only other light flashing is the tyre pressure sensor warning light and i'm hoping that this is a seperate fault altogether and not connected

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi G-lo - have you checked the diagram showing the outline of the car on the central display panel - you should see a flashing wheel. Have you checked the tyre pressures.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:confused: i have checked the tyre pressures and they are all as per the manual, i am at a total loss as to what's wrong

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the yellow tyre warning light is flashing, there is the rear left wheel flashing on the central display, but yesterday three wheels were flashing. thanks for responding to my plea for help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
according to several manuals i have read and researched on the internet they all should be at 30 psi. also another said that if i was travelling a long distance or at speed the front should be at 32 psi and the rear at 36psi. i am doing approx 120 miles daily so i have tried both settings.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Tryt This G-lo - deflate each tyre to around 20 psi and then inflate to 40 psi and then reduce to 32 in the front and 30 in the rear. Deflating and inflating forces the tyre sensor to send a signal to the receiver. One other thing has the car been driven through floods recently as there have been case of the receiver underneath th ecar getting water-logged or damaged.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
funny old thing i was driving through glasgow today and there was major flooding all over the plalce, but i know the lights were flashing before that. thanks for the advice, i'll give that a go tomorrow. a big thanks to everyone who has helped me over the last couple of days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts