Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked a couple of garages, local & dealership, what's included in a 36,000 mile service for my 172 Clio.

Neither of them replace the Accessories belt which contradicts the guidance in my servicing manual. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Lucas - ask them to quote for a service in accordance with Renault service recommendations - it may be better to take the book with you to a garage. As a matter of interest you could also ask for a separate quote for changing the belt only. As a matter of interest how many miles are on your car and when was it last serviced.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lucas - ask them to quote for a service in accordance with Renault service recommendations - it may be better to take the book with you to a garage. As a matter of interest you could also ask for a separate quote for changing the belt only. As a matter of interest how many miles are on your car and when was it last serviced.:)
I've done 35,300 roughly and I last had it serviced at 24,000 miles..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The service manager at Lookers tells me that the accessories belt is only changed at 72,000 miles but my service booklet recommends it to be changed at 36,000 m on my 2.0 16v Sport?

Can someone tell me what the accessories belt is and whether I should insist on having it replaced?

Thanks,
Lucas

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The accessory belt drives the alternator,power steering pump,aircon pump etc.

Their not expensive,so you'd might as well have it changed.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Especially as accessory belt failure can shred the timing belt on some modern engines. The designs just get smarter and smarter, don't they? :crazy:

We've got the Clio handbook upstairs, and I'm pretty sure it sets a separate schedule for the 'Sport' models too. I'd change it, but if you don't, be sure to get written confirmation from the dealer that it's good until 72K, otherwise you'll have absolutely no comeback if it fails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts