Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a Renault Captur which will be three years old soon.
For the past few weeks it has been displaying "service in 30 days", then 20 and 10. I had the car booked in for a service but this was cancelled because of the current climes.
I have not been out to the car for a week and no doubt the service warning light will now be displayed. Will this have any effect on the cars performance. I have a very important Hospital appointment in a couple of weeks and will need the car.
Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
I have a very important Hospital appointment in a couple of weeks and will need the car.
Make sure battery stays charged up. Have you go a charger? I don't let mine go longer than a month max.; I used the car Monday so should be good now until say end of next week, then I may chuck the charger on for a top up. If I haven't been out in it.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,018 Posts
a month max.
We came unstuck once at a month so I cut it to three weeks. I have a diary reminder for it. As Mike says, only missed if it's had a good run during the week.
We have it easy- I was told by my local battery place that the top-up charge recommendation for a modern Aston Martin is five days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts