Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there......

im gonna be doing a service on my laguna in the next few weeks (air filter / oil filter / pollen filter / oil change)

my dashboard is showing im due a service & the little spanner now flashes constantly..

now, if i do this service myself how will the engine know this..?? i.e. how will the spanner stop flashing.??, does it need to be reset through renault software..?

thanks..... :d

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Hi , on the Laguna 2 , all you need to do is push the butten on the end stalk so its showing the service due, then push and hold for 5 seconds the butten in the middle of the clocks. This will reset it back to 18,000 miles. The oil change is easy, just make sure you purchase a sump plus washer from renault for about £1.50. Eveything else is simple to be honest!
If you need any help on this just message me, ive done mine a few times now without problems!:d
Have fun

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi , on the Laguna 2 , all you need to do is push the butten on the end stalk so its showing the service due, then push and hold for 5 seconds the butten in the middle of the clocks. This will reset it back to 18,000 miles. The oil change is easy, just make sure you purchase a sump plus washer from renault for about £1.50. Eveything else is simple to be honest!
If you need any help on this just message me, ive done mine a few times now without problems!:d
Have fun
cheers mate.......

i'll certainly be in touch!! :d

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Just one thing - get the correct oil filter for your car :eek:

Sounds obvious, but the later engines need a 'high performance' oil filter if you're going to use an 18,000 mile change interval.

Many filters on E*ay will be listed as 'equivalent', but most are quite old stock and not really suitable.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
just make sure you purchase a sump plus washer from renault for about £1.50.

Just to clarify, this should read sump plug washer...

Excellent advice given though!

Paul

Reactions: skunksmash

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Not a problem, its very easily done.

I knew exactly what you meant & your advice was spot-on.

Just had visions of another thread being posted in a few years time because someone was wondering why the sump needs changing at every service...:d

All the best,

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts