Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a 05 Scenic II Privelege auto. I am sure that I have followed the instructions in the handboook but have been unable to change the MPH display to KMH. The car has a hands free key and as stated is an automatic. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody help please.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi pejoho, I'm not sure if it can be changed, it usually tells you in the handbook.

Try a search on the forum for changing from MPH to KMH on the ESPACE as there are lots of posts on the matter, I'm sure one of them is sticky so it should be easy to find, and they might help.

Hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
It can be changed, do a search and you will find the answer, in the meantime I will try to find it.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
If the link I gave you doesn't do it try this. I had to push in the trip computer button and then insert the card and start the car, the speedo then started flashing with mph underneath after some time the speedo changed to kph still flashing and then stopped flashing, I released the trip computer button and that was it done. I have got to do it again soon for another european adventure so I will have to try it again.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Found the original post from tsyrett 3rd march 2006 here goes

Well now. . . . .after 45 minutes and the intervention of a very nice lady (Nikky of Lookers Chelmsford) and her pet mechanic on the end of the phone, we finally managed to change mph to kph (I feel like an alchemist.)
Alors, pour une Grande Scenic with hands free card you must:
- ensure the ignition is off, so open and close the door if you're already comfortably seated
- Don't be tempted to touch the brake or clutch
- have the hands-free card in your left hand
- press and hold the top computer-control button on the right-hand stalk
- immediately insert the card into the slot
- then (still with the cc button pressed) press and hold the Start button.
- after about 3-5 second the dash will light up with the speedo flashing - but bide your time and keep pressing them buttons.
- after another 3-5 seconds the mph will change to kph but it will still flash so keep your digits stiff and disregard the pain
- after another 3-5 second the flashing will stop, the speedo will be in kph :rofl: and you can stop holding your breath (Nikky me and the dealer found we were doing this ) and the buttons and rub some circulation back into your fingers
- despite what the manual said, and it's no surprise it's wrong in this respect as well, it doesn't revert to mph when you switch off, so you have to go through this again when you return to blighty. But imo, this is a good thing.

It's important that you keep the buttons pressed when the speedo is flashing or it will just abort, even when it shows kph.

This should be put in the Scenic Knowledge Base please Selly

Reactions: chris m

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
pejoho

Did it work?:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pejoho

Did it work?:confused:
Hi Asterix, Sorry I've been late responding, but I've been transferring from Virgin Media to Sky and I've had more than a few problems getting my new email ID transferred onto various accounts. All done now though! Thanks for your help. Yes, it DID work okay, and now I'ready for the long drive south. Best regards, Pejoho.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
It might be worthwhile printing it off, as if you are like me you forget it if you only do it occasionally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts