Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
right i know its a stupid question ,i have read manual it says to push the left button for hours and right button for minutes simple i know . my problem is theres no bloody buttons underneath the clock to push .i read cd multi player manual no answers, read the forum using search under clock ,time setting .please can you tell me how to do it the only thing i can think of is its automatic if left for a while ....
if this is an easy answer please delete it to save embarrassment .lol.
i have megane 2003 priv

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no sat nav just multi play cd front loader .read the manual for that no time or clock setting in it
thanks

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Do you have any buttons on the player? even like a select button if so hold it down and see if the clock flashes. I know in most sonys its the sel button but It varies between makes

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
If it's anything like mine the buttons are there but so small you have to use a ball point pen on them they are just 2 small dots.

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Yup mines the same.

Had to get the manual out to work out how to set the time when the battery had been disconnectd. I felt such a fool when I found out how to do it ! :d

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem with my Laguna. I have found out that my laguna is quite rare. Most non sat-nav models like mine set the clock via two small holes just under the LCD screen where the clock is displayed. But mine has the 6 CD changer Cabasse Auditorium in the dash. I have no manual, but have worked out how to change the bass, treble, balance, change station etc (aren't I clever!). But despite a whole lunch hour pressing combinations of every button, I cannot work out how to set the clock!!! :crazy: I have been through the menus, no setting menu. I assumed it should be the expert button that you start with, but I just can't work it out!! HELP!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay - fixed it! Here is the definitive answer for any owner with a Laguna II, and a Cabasse 6 CD autochanger in the dash.

1) Put keycard in slot
2) Make sure Cabasse is switched OFF (you should have just the clock and temperature on the dash display)
3) Look at the steering wheel audio control "stalk". On the top surface are two buttons that normally change the source. Press and hold the LEFT one for 5 seconds
4) The Hour on the dash display will now be flashing. Use + and - volume controls on the steering wheel to advance and retard the hour.
5) For the minutes, press the LEFT source button again, and again use volume control to adjust mins
6) Press the LEFT source button a final time to set the time

JOY!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a Megane II 2003, with the Cabasse Auditorium... and I feel pretty stupid not being able to change the time on the clock in the car. But I suppose it's actually the designers of this car that should feel ashamed as so many aren't able to figure this out.

I tried the description above for the Laguna, didn't work for me. Anyone know how to do this on the Megane?

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
In my megane it is the two buttons under the clock! Where abouts is your clock?

EDIT: Ok just noticed your clock is on the screen!! :eek:

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
Okay - fixed it! Here is the definitive answer for any owner with a Laguna II, and a Cabasse 6 CD autochanger in the dash.

1) Put keycard in slot
2) Make sure Cabasse is switched OFF (you should have just the clock and temperature on the dash display)
3) Look at the steering wheel audio control "stalk". On the top surface are two buttons that normally change the source. Press and hold the LEFT one for 5 seconds
4) The Hour on the dash display will now be flashing. Use + and - volume controls on the steering wheel to advance and retard the hour.
5) For the minutes, press the LEFT source button again, and again use volume control to adjust mins
6) Press the LEFT source button a final time to set the time

JOY!
Did this not work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 63 plate clio 1.2. I got in it the other day after it being parked outside my works for 8 hours and the clock had changed time. I cannot now get the clock to change, have been told you cannot do it manually so don't know what to do. Any ideas?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
These clocks tend to work of a radio signal so would hope it corrects itself ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts