Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, thought you might like to hear this one:crazy: contacted Renault UK about buying two extra seats, as I only have five. although my car is fitted with the sliding rails for the full seven up configuration. Anyway, the lady at RUK replied saying it is impossible to retro-fit extra seats as I would have to have rails welded into the rear passenger area:confused: told her I have the rails fitted, just want the seats; she said try somewhere else! Off to China tomorrow:p
p.s. if anyone knows where there are a couple of seats, preferably blue upholstery, going reasonably, please give me a nod. ta very much.
regards from the Czech Republic

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'm glad that Renault UK aren't just rude to us!

Unfortunately their customer relations aren't exactly up to scratch.

Have you access to any breakers yards in the Czech Republic,or could you search UK breakers for your parts?.I'm sure that somewhere in this country there must be an Espace that has been damaged and the car is being stripped for parts here.

It might be worth searching the Renault Breakers thread on the forum and contacting some of them and see if they'd be willing to send them to you.:)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I would ask again at Renault UK, you might speak to somebody who has a bit of common sense this time.

S

·
0 Posts
Uhm. Not sure about the shipping costs if you got them from the UK. They weigh a TON!

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi berushka, I dont think Renault UK ever sold a 5 seat Grand Espace, but that shouldnt stop them giving you the info.
I guess you also need to check for the seat gliders that are actually mounted inside the rails (the bits the seat actually mount onto .... the bits you have to move with the plastic hook if youve been messing the seat positions about,) you might need them as well if your car was originally a 5-seat model they may not have been fitted.

I'd try and get the seats from a breakers yard rather than from Renault as they are approx £600 each + shipping.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 seats vs 7 seats

Hi Truckbusuk, thanks for the info. Yes, my car has the runners inside the rails, the handbook also shows how to fit and remove the back seats, but you might have a point - my car is from the original French factory, a european model not a UK model, so maybe renault UK are correct, that UK specs do not have the rails fitted as a factory standard. Yes, I have been moving this rail back and forth when trying the loan seats from renault cz, so I do have all the bits and pieces. Might have to make a trip to UK to source a scrapper - they are like hens' teeth over here:p
once again thanks to all for the great help.
Graham (berushka)
p.s. does anyone know how to pay for subscription from abroad:confused: :confused:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, not that easy to find here either :( ... still, hope your lucky in your quest.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts