Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi. I own Renault Grand Scenic 2.0 VVT auto and have a problem with it. When slowing down from higher speed my steering wheel shakes. Faster I break more it shakes. During normal driving I can't feel anything wrong. Is there anyone who can help me what to do? Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

It sounds to me as though your front discs probably need replacing? as will the pads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
:confused: Hi. I own Renault Grand Scenic 2.0 VVT auto and have a problem with it. When slowing down from higher speed my steering wheel shakes. Faster I break more it shakes. During normal driving I can't feel anything wrong. Is there anyone who can help me what to do? Thanks
There are several possibilities for this problem. It could be due to tires went out of balance or the "bushings" have been worn in the steering system. It could also be due to the faulty steering dampers. One more thing, if you have directional tires then check if they are on the right sides.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey i wouldnt say u have unbalanced wheels as this would cause a vibration in the stearing at a certain speed all the time-e.g 55-65 not just when braking. As with the tyres being directional i doubt u would notice if they were fitted wrongly the only danger with that is driving in the rain aquaplaining u could also get premeture wear. I would go with uneaven disks. this can be checked easy with a Dial test indicator. Tj

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all replays. Yesterday I changed frond brake discs and pads and shaking is gone. Thanks. On the other hand I created a problem because I've tried to changed rear pads also but wasn't able. Now handbrake service light in on and I don't know how to reset it. Can anyone advice me, please what to do. Handbrake seems to be working fine it's just the warning light.:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts