Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advise how I can re-fit my short shift link, as part of getting the full gear linkage back.

For image help, I have the following (the black one), except mine has the rubber gaiter type thing and the rest of the "bit" attached.

http://www.engine-dynamics.com/epag...8981_shop/Products/"Renault Short Shift Link"

Please also view my images.

I just can't get the damn short shift link to get back in. Please offer any guidance or tips. Or, if you have images of yours, please offer those too.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That ball on the right side of the link in my 2nd image, does that need to pop into place? From memory it eased out really easy, but putting back in is a totally different story. I can't remember if it sat inside that rubber thing (which has a metal eye inside), or sat outside like I have it in that picture.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a spas! Or I may have just been getting tired.

Anyway. If you look at the first picture, that rubber gaitor pulls off. Once off, the rod fits nice and snug.

So, i'll push it through the gaitor later, apply some grease, fit it through the whole and all that, and pull the gaitor over the link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.