Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Interesting comment about hyundai , especially as I thought it's all the same undeneath as a kia. Our getz has had normal servicing except the accelerator pedal which smacked at £350!

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,360 Posts
Hyundai are the parent company..and they share much the same..but can be different even between sisters cars like the ix20 and the venga..they had a chance to do a Mk3 of both cars bring the two of them closer with the best items from both but sadly they have now discontinued both models..to give you one example ix20 has a coolant temp gauge on the dash..Venga does not..dont ask me why it wasnt included on the venga..stupid if you ask me..Headlamps on the venga can be totally removed by just unbolting a couple of bolts under the bonnet..ix20 you have to remove the whole front bumper to get them off..

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
we're going ahead with the cambelt change!....damn....her choice though. might as well get the EGR valve looked at too as she only does short drives. must be getting clogged. and we'll MOT it whilst it's dry so the ABS light doesn't flash like a christmas tree.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,360 Posts
Search out all threads twing related befor you jump and search the net for related problems the car is no longer made and had many problems..the last of them were rear engined cars..and not to popular from what I have seen..

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I think that's it. Sent er indoors a link to what looked like a good car and she shrugged her shoulders.
So plan A it is, cambelt etc.
I can sort of see her point about not wanting a newer car.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've probably shown her every different colour over the past year. Let's hope she doesn't comment when the bills start arriving for parts and labour. Obviously I won't say "told you so "

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just browsed auto trader and I lie the newer shape picanto. There's a 1llitre 2015 that's done 149k miles. Jeez poor little car having its ar5e belted every day.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts