Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Need to get some mats for my 54 Scenic, and I have got a price from Renault of £35 for the bog standard ones - which I think for genuine ones are a pretty good price. Anyway I have also seen on ebay ones for about £15-20, which look quite good too. Has anyone been able to make a comparrison between genuine ones and a set bought from ebay. Is there much difference in quality? If there isn't can anyone recommend a set of mats for me?

thanks all

Nick B

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Nick B,

I have the Renault ones fitted & they are very good they do not roll up as the Megane II mats tend to do and I had them on my previous 05 Scenic II for over 36K they were still in very good nick on disposal of the car, The rear mat is very good.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I bought some tailored mats for a car from an eBayer called 'bayflooring'.

They were excellent quality and fitted perfectly.Not sure if they do mats for your car,but if they do I can highly recommend them.:)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
:d No problems, they were delivered really quick think it was parcelforce 24, drivers side mat is the smallest and is pretty square and doesnt go up under the pedals it is thicker so as to not wear away as much, the passenger one goes all the way up the foot well so should keep the floor nice and clean.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi just took receipt of car mats from ebay as suggested by DaveHemmerman. They fit really well and were very reasonably priced even after postage at £23.75. They are plain black with padding at the drivers heel, just the job. Ordered on 14May arrived today 16May.
Thanks Dave!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I had to look twice at the second picture.....it looked like you had three pedals!.

That's very clever Donald!.:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I had to look twice at the second picture.....it looked like you had three pedals!.

That's very clever Donald!.:)
Well thank you Lag iam not one for waist :d nor did they make these pedels for Autos so i put them together to give me that bigger brake pedel:d Thanks for the points i will indeed repay you at some stage iam sure:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have bought both genuine mats & e bay mats.The quality on the genuine mats was very good and lasted till i sold my car last year.The ebay mats are a year old and I dont think they will last as long but were alot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have bought both genuine mats & e bay mats.The quality on the genuine mats was very good and lasted till i sold my car last year.The ebay mats are a year old and I dont think they will last as long but were alot cheaper.
Good comments welcome aboard .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Guys,
Well I went for the original Renault mats, as I needed them soon before the carpets got too dirty. I am glad I did aswell, because I picked up the bog standard mats in dark grey (to match plastic) expecting to pay £35, but they just cost me just over £20 from a Renault dealer. I know that they are not black, but at this price, they are great!!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Guys,
Well I went for the original Renault mats, as I needed them soon before the carpets got too dirty. I am glad I did aswell, because I picked up the bog standard mats in dark grey (to match plastic) expecting to pay £35, but they just cost me just over £20 from a Renault dealer. I know that they are not black, but at this price, they are great!!!

Nick
Yep I meant to say they are not black, Flint I think, Heavy too eh.

I would say they are a tremendous buy at that price, I think I payed under £20 at the time for mine... But they do wear very well and come up a treat when washed, saves the carpet, They are far superior to the Meg II mats which in my opinion are dangerous.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
33 Posts
04 Scenic rubber mats

I just popped into a Renault dealer to pick-up a tail gate release switch (8200076256 £29.85) when I spotted some Renault rubber mats hanging up.

I asked how much and was told £25.01 so I bought a set (7711275530 set of three front and rear passenger).

Makes those on that auction site look expensive when you add on postage.

Derry.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Sometimes it is surprising the deals that can be picked up in dealers - last time I was there I was able to buy a roadside breakdown kit for a tenner reduced from £30. I appreciate many of dealer spares can be expensive regardless of the make of car but it always pays to check first before going to good old Fleabay or such. I was able to buy a single brand new plastic wheel cover from my local dealer for around half of what some sellers where looking for. Additionally it is always worth asking "is there any discount mate" - if you don't ask you don't get - that's what I say.:)

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
i bought renault rubber mats for my lag2....£25 which seemed to be a good price.
did think about ebay but they were just as much and at least these are guarenteed to fit

·
Administrator
21,719 Posts
My mottah came with Lag II Renault fabric mats with the car when I bought it from a independant dealer, but I also transferred my old Lag 1 Renault rubber mats out of the old car when I changed it.

I wonder if Lag 1 mats are cheaper ? They do fit, sort of, only issue is with the drivers mat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have bought a new clio, they quoted £27 for a cheap looking basic black set, and £ 35 for a rubber set. How do these prices compare to other dealers. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts