Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting debate has broken out due to the fine handed out to West Ham as a result of the 'improper' transfers of two West ham players.The £5.5 million fine was given by the Premier League,but no points were deducted due to the fact that West Ham actually reported the irregularities,although it is written in the rules that points would be deducted in matters of this type.

The plot took another turn as one of the players that was involved in the situation(Carlos Teves) has scored some very important goals recently and has helped West Ham avoid relegation.

If points were deducted,West Ham would have been relegated,and a number of teams are threatening to take the Premier League to court to force them to stick to their own rules.

Do you think that West Ham should have been docked points,or is the situation just sour grapes on the part of the clubs that were effected by the decision?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
£5.5 million seems rather paltry as they now have access to £50 million due to staying in the Premiership.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,a fine of that size is pennies to most of the clubs in the Premier League.

I can see where the clubs,especially Sheffield United,are coming from,but if you have to rely on other clubs around you to be docked points to stay in the league,then surely your not good enough to be in the league.

Only my thoughts,though.:eek:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Rules are rules is this the reason to have them to break them i think NOT i would be taking them to court......

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trouble is,taking action via the courts will take longer than the break is before next season.

If the court rules in the clubs favour,will they relegate West Ham and reinstate Sheffield half way through the season?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Trouble is,taking action via the courts will take longer than the break is before next season.

If the court rules in the clubs favour,will they relegate West Ham and reinstate Sheffield half way through the season?
Good point Lag never thought of this its a hard one i would say if they are took to court it might be taken from the new season points???

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they should relegate West Ham and another team too(possibly Man Utd:d) and make the league 18 teams.

This would stop all the 'played too many games' whinging and would also make the season shorter.The season goes on far too long.......

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I think they should relegate West Ham and another team too(possibly Man Utd:d) and make the league 18 teams.

This would stop all the 'played too many games' whinging and would also make the season shorter.The season goes on far too long.......
:rofl: :rofl: God no Chelsea and Man U in the Prem:) great:d :d

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
would make it a bit more fair for the other teams if say man utd, chelsea and liverpool were moved out of the prem

·
Registered
72 Posts
Make it like cricket, where they limit (or at least used to) the number of overseas players in the team. This could well improve the home national teams too.

(having said that, it's not worked with the England cricket team!):rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Do you think that West Ham should have been docked points,or is the situation just sour grapes on the part of the clubs that were effected by the decision?
don't forget the Sheffield didn't win any of their last 10 games,and that just isn't good enough to stay up is it.

Cheeky old Lag, and aren't you whinging about playing too many games.
only one more game this year Lag, beware Milan :devil:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
These over paid underworked so called footballers only have to keep fit for a living and play football once or twice a week! Such a hard life.:p
I agree the season is too long, and the summer break gets shorter. But at the end of the day they are being paid vast sums of money to do their job. Two games of football a week shouldn't be too much for a highly fit international footballer. Perhaps that's the problem, they aren't fit enough, too many aftermatch parties!

You don't hear championship teams and leagues below fussing about too many games. I admit they don't play as many cup games ( unless they have a cup run, or premiership teams go out early on in the cup) and there are 24 teams in each league.

It's about time all the premiership teams and managers stopped moaning about each other and got on with the game.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's been reported today that FIFA will now review the West Ham case......

God help us all.:rolleyes:Their organisation is a complete joke.......nearly as bad as the FA.:d

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
yes they should of been docked points look what happend to bury in the FA cup they were the ones that went to the FA and told them they had cocked up the registration not like west ham who omly got cought because liverpool sussed them out cheating is cheating .
remeber altringham docked 18 points last season (every point won with the ineligable player in the team )so this is what should happen to west ham whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
but having said that its to late now sheffield should begiven every pennie from the fine on west ham

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im Forever Blowing Bubbles

:steam: totally sour grapes. if sheffield utd had stayed up there would be no debate. the irons held their hands up (eventually) ,and now its on to the new season with luck on there side come on you irons:rofl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rubbish! If the Blades had of stayed up then the debate would still be happening, just it would have been Wigan or whoever was relegated leading the debate - unless of course West Ham had been relegated and those clubs wouldn't feel unfairly treated. The case won't go away for sometime and will only be fuelled by the difficulties now being faced in selling Tevez on.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Yes they should have been docked points, if that's what the rules stae.

'Sour Grapes'......probably, but then it would be the same for any club that was relegated due to this 'breaking' of the rules.

·
Registered
14 Posts
broken rules yes but all before west ham were taken over. then the new chairman held his hands up . the punishment was set at 5.5 million. sheffield themselves are being investigated for the same thing fielding an unillegiable player will they have points docked or get a big fine no. at the end of the day the hammers got the results in the league to keep them there 9 wins out of eleven great going come on u irons

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, Sheffield United aren't being investigated for fielding an illegible player - they are being investigated for a clause in the sale of Kabba to Watford that he would not play in the game versus Sheffield United. That is an agreement that can only be done under the terms of a player loan and not a sale. However no proof has been found as yet that this is true, so as yet no fine of points docked. However Watford probably didn't play Kabba because he isn't good enough for the PL!

If my village team field a player not registered properly in the sunday league then they get points deducted and a fine. I don't think we, Sheffield United, are wrong in pursuing compensation. Abritation did state that they would have docked points if they'd done the original hearing because West Ham were guilty of being "deliberately deceitful". So West Ham probably should have been docked points, but weren't, so we get on with it.

I think all you West Ham fans can rest assured of your status in the PL and I personally don't mind. Hopefully only a year in the fizzy pop league and we'll pass each other in promotion and relegation next year with an FA Cup tie against each other at some point this season!

·
Registered
14 Posts
at last a fan who just wants to get on with it. fair play to you and hand on heart i hope sheffield utd do once again make it to the premiership with passionate fans like yourself behind them it shouldn't take too long

1 - 20 of 29 Posts