Independent Renault Forums banner

401 - 420 of 425 Posts

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,019 Posts
Same in Chrome, so not browser dependent, could be the verification site is actually f:censored:d as it is still in date.

:nerd: :smile2: :grin2: :laugh: >:)>:)

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
No password problems. Just certificate error

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,720 Posts
I ve the certificate error as well, cleared all bulk in Chrome but still the same

Hi all I logged off this morning after receiving this notice

has blocked this page
The certificate used to encrypt your connection to this website does not match the domain it was issued for. Attackers might try to steal sensitive information from you, such as passwords or credit cards

Thinking that someone maybe attacking my PC my lad has been around giving my PC a total clean up and stuff..now I realise that its this place that has caused the problem and the owners of the site and their software are the problem..my PC is still doing updates so I'm going to be off line for a while yet ..Question.. site shows insecure is it a safe place to be now ..I can remember a short while ago that this site was always run showing the not secure notice.. :frown2:

·
23,720 Posts
Just logged in 1 hour later and had this again..

The certificate used to encrypt your connection to this website does not match the domain it was issued for. Attackers might try to steal sensitive information from you, such as passwords or credit cards :eek: but site is showing secure now..:confused:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,341 Posts
Just logged in 1 hour later and had this again..

The certificate used to encrypt your connection to this website does not match the domain it was issued for. Attackers might try to steal sensitive information from you, such as passwords or credit cards :eek: but site is showing secure now..:confused:
I had exactly the same and had to override the AV to accept the dodgy certificate to get onto the forum after trying all day. Strangely when doing a general search for the forum the AV has given the site a green tick for 'safe' but once I click on the link the Certificate error appears :frown2: and I can't log on.

·
9,341 Posts
In addition whilst doing a web search on my forum profile I came up with this but I'm puzzled why the author is attributed to Knight Rider . Is Knight Rider some kind of computer bot generated by the Forum software or is KR a real person and member ?

Renoir White Renoir White is offline - Renault Forums

https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/members/167402-renoir-white.htmlhttps://www.bing.com/search?q=renoir+white+renault+forums&pc=MOZI&form=MOZTSB#
01/06/2019 · Renoir White is a Platinum Member located in the UK in the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum. View Renoir White's profile.

• Author: Knight Rider

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,019 Posts
Look in the F1 part of the forum Knight Rider posts all the F1 results.

:smile2:

·
9,341 Posts
Look in the F1 part of the forum Knight Rider posts all the F1 results.
:smile2:
Yes, but is it some kind of 'interest news' generated by the forum or a helpful member? Why is Knight Rider the author of my web profile link on a general web search?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,341 Posts

·
9,341 Posts
Still getting this :frown2:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.renaultforums.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

www.renaultforums.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
quotecattle.com, quotecocoa.com, quotecoffee.com, quotecorn.com, quotecotton.com, quotehogs.com, quoteporkbellies.com, quotesoybeans.com, quotesugar.com, quotewheat.com, r1-forum.com, r125forum.com, r1messagenet.com, r3-forums.com, r6-forum.com, r6owners.com, rallyforums.com, ram1500diesel.com, ramforumz.com, ramrebel.org, rangerforums.net, rangeroversport.org, rangerovervelar.org, rangerraptorforum.com, raptorowners.com, rc350forum.com, rccanada.ca, realmofexcursion.com, redlineutvforums.net, regalforums.com, renaultcapturforum.com, renaultforums.co.uk, renaultzeforum.com, roguesportforum.com, rollsroyceforums.com, rootes-chrysler.co.uk, routerforums.com, rs25.com, runeriders.com, running-world.net, rvitch.com, rx-9club.com, rzrforums.net, saabcentral.com, santacruzforums.com

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
The certificate is only valid for the following names:
quotecattle.com, quotecocoa.com, quotecoffee.com, quotecorn.com, quotecotton.com, quotehogs.com, quoteporkbellies.com, quotesoybeans.com, quotesugar.com, quotewheat.com, r1-forum.com, r125forum.com, r1messagenet.com, r3-forums.com, r6-forum.com, r6owners.com, rallyforums.com, ram1500diesel.com, ramforumz.com, ramrebel.org, rangerforums.net, rangeroversport.org, rangerovervelar.org, rangerraptorforum.com, raptorowners.com, rc350forum.com, rccanada.ca, realmofexcursion.com, redlineutvforums.net, regalforums.com, renaultcapturforum.com, renaultforums.co.uk, renaultzeforum.com, roguesportforum.com, rollsroyceforums.com, rootes-chrysler.co.uk, routerforums.com, rs25.com, runeriders.com, running-world.net, rvitch.com, rx-9club.com, rzrforums.net, saabcentral.com, santacruzforums.com
The majority of the sites in your list have the same certification error. Seems the certificate has expired for one reason or another, and someone needs to do something about a new one. The Saab site works as do a few others.

·
23,720 Posts
Every day seems to bring us fresh problems and I'm wondering how long before this place might disappear for good..its going down the pan bit by bit and sad to see it happening..made a few friends on here and will loose those and contact which is sad to be honest..:frown2:

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Really bad to be honest, as basic SSL certs can be had for free (lets encrypt -3 months renewal required) or basic SSL for security not eCommerce for £4.99 - I have free Lets Encrypt SSL on my WORD PRESS website that lasts 3 months, but via CRON job renews on my site at 4am every Sunday morning. Having run IPB forums (self hosted + owned software) and VB forums (this forums software) a lot of the stuff should be fully automated updates - and only breaks when you don't pay renewals....

but when forums are bought out and advertising is slapped in every blank space, you have to question, are the forums seen as a valuable resource of knowledge first and foremost or as a money maker, sure you need to be self funding, but make sure some of that money is put back into forum to keep it running...

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,514 Posts
the site is tucked at the moment sometimes I get the error sometimes I dont and KW, going through the advanced option to get in removes any safety for the sending of your password over the internet so anyone can read it, the whole idea behind certificates means the connection is secure, bypass it at your own risk

401 - 420 of 425 Posts