Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Any ideas i have a 2008 clio 197 cup with 37k on the clock. this problem only occurs after i have been driving in stop start traffic for about an hour. Then when i finally get out of heavy traffic and try to accellerate the revs rise but the car does not respond this happens in 1st and 2nd gear and can be embarrasing. It feels like the clutch is slipping. I have had the car into the dealer on numerous occasions and they are unable to find any problem. As I say this only happens after the car has warmed up after being in heavy stop start traffic. It is going in again next week. Heres hoping !!:confused:

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
i know it might sound silly , but could you maybe film it when its happening ?
show the dealer ? would at least be evidence of a fault .
also report the issue to customer services , i have changed 3 clutches on these similar faults , and done lots of slave cylinders on these as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers, the dealer has changed a master cylinder and slave cylinder pipe both they say are modified parts. but this has made no differance. They have agreed to have another go next week. I asked if they can speak to renault UK and they have said they suggessted the 2 above pipes. I will see what they come up with this time. I have thought of recording it.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
record it if you can , they can then send it to technical if needed.
just check if they changed the slave cylinder pipe of the actual slave cylinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Threeweelin, please let us know how it goes with the dealer. I have a 2007 197 on 30k miles with exactly the same problem. I had the clutch and slave cylinder replaced but it still seems to do it (although I've not been stuck in traffic for a while so not sure if the problem has gone away). Would be intested to know if they find a solution. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Stephen the dealer has replaced the clutch last week. i had gone back in when started doing it and one of the technicians got in the car and straight away said it was the clutch. they replaced under warranty.

I think the clutch problem is now resolved. But now I think there is some sort of lack of power especially when setting off from stationary.

not very good when you are in a performance car. but the carsets off like a 1.2 (non turbo).

I think i will be paying another visit to the dealer before the warranty runs out in May.

Anyone any suggestions about the lack of power ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cant believe it !!!

after the last post when i said the clutch is now OK after being replaced. Its Not :mad:

this morning it has gone back to how it was before had the clutch replaced.

Clutch pedal has gone stiff again and no no play when you touch the pedal. and its slipping again.

its now had modified slave and master cylinder pipes, and a clutch.

will be going back to the dealers on monday

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Suggest that the master cylinder might be the problem. I had a customer with similar symptoms on a nissan 260z or something similar which did exactly the same thing. Unlike your clio it had an external slave cylinder so I was actually able to witness that the cylinder was being held in. (only after driving in traffic for an hour.) Changing the master fixed it. (3 months later!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any news from the Dealer threeweelin? Its exactly the same situation as me, had the clutch replaced but the pedal still goes stiff and the cluth starts to slip when stuck in traffic for any period of time. Starting to lose patience with my 197 to be honest!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Stephen, yep think mine finally sorted, i took back after the last post and they have now replaced the clutch master cylinder about 3 weeks ago.

When i picked the car up they said they have now replaced the whole clutch system. Clutch, master and slave cylinders and modified pipes.

Touch wood it appears to be OK now. It only has a month left on the warranty so keeping fingers crossed.

I know what you mean about losing patience but if your car has any warranty left keep on to the dealers. If it doesnt have warranty it may still be worth taking up with the dealer as may be a known fault.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts