Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under hard braking i can hear what sounds like a gallon of water moving from one place to another! I would imagine the rear of the sill to the front.

Does anyone know how to drain the sill out and get rid of the gallon of water that has been there for a year and is ****ing me off and is costing me big money in fuel lol!

Anywayz advice appreciated!

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I had this problem with my Peugeot 205 - the sill drain had somehow got crushed and I had to re-drill it...

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard of someone removing a "bung" but i can not see anything to remove? I really need this water out now lol its starting to rust the sill

R

·
0 Posts
I have heard of someone removing a "bung" but i can not see anything to remove? I really need this water out now lol its starting to rust the sill
There is a plastic oval in either sill just in front of the rear wheels

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks recycled scenic, you are saying i should jack the car up at the front so the water will run to the back therefore pouring out when i remove the bung. How do i remove the bung?

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
I should think they would prise out with a screwdriver? I have a Scenic MK 1 Phase 2 up on axel stands at the moment will have a look and get some photos tomorrow.

Also have another Scenic I'm also working on and noticed the other day when underneath it that there is water slighlty weeping from one of the blanking bungs on the inner chassis section. I tried to prise it out but to much rubberised sealer round it. I think I may drill a small hole in it? The carpet is always damp in the passenger foot well ever since I bought this car.

I figure if I can’t stop the water getting into the foot well? Then I will help it get out again.:)

My uncle used to have MK1 Phase 1 Scenic a few years ago and on advice from a Scenic fanatic he knows he drilled small holes in the chassis blanking bungs to let the water out as he couldn’t stop it coming in the car.:mad:

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, if you could have a look tommorow and let me know what the best approach to this is. I can drill holes no problem in the bungs if you think this would help.

Cheers

R

·
0 Posts
Just back in from under a Scenic :d I just pulled the oval sill plug out which was quite soft with my fingers I did have to pull away some of the rubberised anti chip coating it's in 2 pieces an oval grommet with an oval bung in it. Looks like some one has previously attacked this one though?

This is another Scenic which I noticed was weeping water from this chassis blanking plug but it's dry today.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is fantastic information, the car will have lost some weight after i have removed this plug!

I will remove both plugs, take it there is one at the front and rear of the car?

R

·
0 Posts
Crikey thats a lot of water!:eek: is your carpet dry inside the car? I wonder where that much water is finding its way in?

When I pulled the plug out of my Scenic this morning the sill felt dry inside.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes the carpets were all dry inside the car. It is the sunroof drains that cause the carpets to get wet. I fixed that problem when i first got the car. You're guess is as good as mine with this one though. I was forced to drive through water up passed the wheels once when a motor exit ramp was completely flooded and i had commited myself. Although i am sure i heard the water before that??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just want to say thanks to all in this thread for the sloshing water. Unless you don't have a Scenic or experienced the problem, others would think we were mad. Anyhow, I have managed to release most of the water. Initially I was looking for something near the front wheel or wheel arch.

I managed to clear our what looks like about two mug fulls of for what I would say was silt, which had become compacted and stuck between the bodywork and that plastic that is on the inside of the rear of the arch. This didn't release all the water, but certainly I could feel the seeping.

Finally to resolve my problem, I removed the bung at the rear just where the arch starts and then moved my car - the car was parked on the driveway inclining downwards. So I reversed the position so it was now an an incline, and low and behold it seems to have released all the water!

Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts