Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ,my brother has snapped 2 glowplugs on his 1.5 DCI kangoo, is it possible to get the remainder out without head removal has anybody actually done this thanks

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Yes they can be removed using helicoil kit if you are competent enough ...search YouTube

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Hi you can buy a tool that does the job by drilling the plug out or by taking out the injector and tapping the plug into the head and using a magnet bar to take it out from the injector housing. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers ,just found a link on google which shows a but and bolt tool,using 2 size drills and then tap a thread into plug end and pull out
What happens if swarf falls into cylinder

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,709 Posts
Dont fire it up, even if you could, chances are it will suck in, and fubar the engine, DAMHIK ..

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys finally had chance to actually see the car,and the electrodes are still in place ,just the nut part missing ,my daft question maybe is,how to remove the electrodes so I can drill thx guys

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,709 Posts
It will pull out ( the centre part do you mean) pair of pliers, and a good tug..

·
22,708 Posts
If you have a pair of mole grips you might get a bit more pull on it

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We've tried every thing to get electrode out ,mole grips with bracket on it ,scaffy bar ,put a lot of pressure on it practicaly pulling the engine out ,no joy,its in there good

·
22,708 Posts
Have you tried getting some penetrating fluid round it and leave it overnight to soak?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BTW,we tried to start it earlier to try to get it hot ( it nearly went ), but the glow plug light wouldn't go out ???

1 - 20 of 67 Posts