Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a non official military modification? Saw this on Ebay in an ad promising an extra 20bhp by fitting a mod (psst dont tell any one but its a 4.7k ohm 3watt ceramic resistor you fit across the air intake sensor) and the seller states in the FAQ's

Do i need to cut any wires?
No you do not, no cutting or soldiering needed

No need to join then up to get the extra BHP :rolleyes:
Just goes to show how spelling is always important!!!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i cant say way but i have been well told to stay clear by my friend that fits superchips up here in Scotland but i will try and find out what the problem is with them for you all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
All it does is fool the ECU into thinking that the air coming into the engine is cold,which in turn richens the mixture slightly......basically,it's bo##ocks and to be avoided at all costs!:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
All it does is fool the ECU into thinking that the air coming into the engine is cold,which in turn richens the mixture slightly......basically,it's bo##ocks and to be avoided at all costs!:)
Well said Lag i was being concervitive:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that they let the engine run at high temperature for a long period of time..

Cant be good news...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your comments - I had a feeling it was a useless mod although the other similar types have made some optimistic claims, anyway the actual bit only costs about 30p from Maplins so its a good little earner selling at £4-£5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts