Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!

I've just fitted the SONY CDX-GT30RN into my '06 Grand Scenic (including the little yellow cable block) but I've got no display on the dash and no stalk control. Anyone shed any light?

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
I 'think' you need alot of adapters for it to work. I have no stalk control or display either but I think you can get more wiring from somewhere...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys but it's my understanding (from the instructions) that a Renault can be plugged straight into the stereo without other adapters. However, it ain't working for me!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

Looking at the front of your head unit bottom right corner it should say " Update list " or " Tuner List " .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, thanks for your help and I was worried you would say that - sadly, no such luck. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weird ! It appears that I've got the right 'old' radio and purchased the right 'new' radio. Everything fits but still no joy.

Do you think some wiring may need to be altered?

I have seen the standard ISO connectors before but do you think is it the little yellow block that is causing me my problems?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I'm not sure it should just plug and play, Renault sell these for well over £250 fitted, try your old head unit in again se if everything is still ok with that.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
The 'Little Yellow' block is a mini ISO and it is that plug which creates the display and the remote control ability.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, tried that and the old head unit still works - DOH!
Hi
was told by local car stereo shop that these cables dont work on ALL stereos even if it is the correct one for your car/stereo.... usually say "steering control ready" on the box and usually more expensive in the range.
He said JVC are the best to go for as they do "steering control ready" on the cheaper end.... was recommended JVC KD G431 plus the relevant steering control adaptor and the interface leads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
CAN Interface

if you radio says update list you will need a can interface, the only company i could find was incar technologies the 29-800 works with my 2006 megane cc, its expensive though over £100 and you will need a fly wire to suit the sony headunit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts