Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,could anyone advise me on the Sony CDX-GT30RN headunit please? I have a 2007 campus sport (with expert/udpate cd payer) and according to my 'research' the sony player is renault specific,and should drop straight in and work with the display and the steering wheel controls.Ive found a couple for sale on ebay etc,but some have the blue 'function link' printing covered over on the box with what look likes a white blank sticker,could anyone shed any light on this? are there some 'iffy' examples that dont work with the controls/display?? i dont want to buy a head unit then have to buy an adapter as well (as lose the display).Any help greatly appreciated.Cheers :driving:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Clio 1970.

If your clio had the update list head unit fitted it should be ok, My Scenic II had the update list headunit and it just popped in and all controls work fine, My box from Argos came with the white blanking covers...

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the welcome,and the responses :) I suppose if it has the 'RN' at the end of the model number then it must be ok,I wonder if the function link printing is covered over to avoid customer complaints if they have the 'tuner list' head unit fitted,not 100% sure, but I dont think the cdx gt30 interfaces with the tuner list/steering controls? Also can anyone recommend decent replacements for the stock speakers? are they 5 1/4"? I want to keep the 'factory' look,so no 6x9's etc.
Thanks again.:d

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi!

did you buy the sony head unit? i've just bought one, installed it but no luck with the stalk or display - how did you get on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts