Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to fit my sony xplode car stereo to the laguna,but keep the steering wheel controls for volume etc.Does anyone know are there any adaptors that allow me to do this?

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
Re: sony xplode

Is your Laguna a 2001, just like the Clio, or is it a different year model?
What model is your factory head unit? Tuner List? Update List?

Most harnesses I've seen for Sony are third-party (from companies like Autoleads, Connects2, etc.),
and two-part (i.e. one patch lead for Renault, and one for Sony, that fit together if coming from same interface manufacturer),
just to give you a heads up.

Also, _which_ Renault patch lead you need, depends heavily on the model year of your Laguna, and the model of its factory head unit,
which is why I'm asking. Post those answers, and I should be able to find the right interface and patch leads from the above manufacturers.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
The laguna's june 2002 and the stereo seems the same as the standard clio unit from my 2001 clio.
What's the model number of your Sony head unit?

If the radio has an output for external vehicle display, get the Connects2 CTDRNS003.
That way, you can use the dash top display as well, to display track names or radio stations.
I've got a device that does the same for Alpine units. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.