Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i know this is a renault forum but your always pulling me out the mire, so i thought id give it a pop

my sons 106 1996
i need a picture of the bottom pully at tdc, ive read the manual but it really dont make much sense
it tells me to use a 6mm bolt on the flywheel ? to aline the bottom pully, and a 10mm bolt to line up the top pully, i can see the top pully hole but with the bottom pully i dont see where the bolt would go

anyway if anyone can help id be greatful

D

·
0 Posts
If it's the TU3 engine, it goes in the flywheel. Look on the front of the block, opposite the bellhousing and there is a hole there, or a bolt to remove.
Been a while since i done one, but thats where it is

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's the TU3 engine, it goes in the flywheel. Look on the front of the block, opposite the bellhousing and there is a hole there, or a bolt to remove.
Been a while since i done one, but thats where it is
ok thanks for the info
i really dont know why theres no marks on the crank myself , but il have a go in the morning
thank you

R

·
0 Posts
I changed the cam belt on a 306 last week. The 6mm hole is in the flange at the back of the engine to the right of the dipstick. You push the pin through the flange into the back of the flywheel to lock the engine at TDC

·
Registered
21 Posts
you wont need any marks on that engine anyway,tip ex the pullies and replace the belt,the tu engine is so basic to time up youll be fine.Turn it over twice after to be sure.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you guys this is by far the best forum on the net
so helpful and always gets me the answer

im now buying a vw caddy for my next project so il be back later to pick your brains again :d

R

·
0 Posts
Sorry it's over 30 years since I had my spanners on a VW.

I joined a Peugeot forum a couple of years ago which unfortunately did yield any help.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts