Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just a quick wee question:

Is anyone able to tell me whether the latest high range Lagunas (i.e., initiale) still have the voice synthesisers linked to the computer (e.g., "left rear door, not closed")?

Cheers

Jon

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The voice synth was dropped from the whole range, and there's definitely no sign of it on my Initiale. I miss it, and way back when I had my first RXE and it suffered a sudden and rapid loss of coolant, I reckon the voice synth saved my engine by telling me to stop the car before I'd noticed the temperature gauge going into the red.

There's been speculation about retro-fitting the system, but from what I've seen, an instrument cluster change coincided with the dropping of the voice synth. I've a feeling that you'd need a car with the old cluster to get the synth to work.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Hi there,

Just a quick wee question:

Is anyone able to tell me whether the latest high range Lagunas (i.e., initiale) still have the voice synthesisers linked to the computer (e.g., "left rear door, not closed")?

Cheers

Jon
Hi Jon,
It seems to have been dropped around the time of the 03 reg (I had it on my 52 Priv but its not on my 53 Initale)..Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2004 ph1 I got a voice synthesiser from a wrecked car. I dint have any cabels so I made my own connections. I got a Switch from my dealer and all works perfect.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Interesting... :cool:

chh, can you describe what you need and how you did it to retro fit the voice speech synthesizer

Stu

·
Registered
12 Posts
All you need is the Voice Synth 82 00 006 159 ,you can also connect the switch 82 00 002 435.

Disconnect batt.

From the 15 pin red connector on the speech box connect as follow:

1 gnd
2 + batt
3 + after ign
6 to multiplex can h to pin 8 on red connector speedo
7 to multiplex can l to pin 13 on red connector speedo
10 connect to mute on your stereo (if u have carminat 8000 connect to mute there)
14 + 15 to the speaker to the left of the steering wheel (if u have carminat 8000 connect to nav)

The switch (optional)
1 repeat pin 28 grey on speedo
2 gnd
3 silence to pin 2 on red connector speedo

Connect batt

You have to have the top of the line instrument in the car(with the big LCD), if not it wont work.

I found the instructions on the german laguna2 forum. I didnt put the modul at the orginal position in the glove compartment, I found enough spae to the right from the speedo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
forgot to write.. I have the last Ph1 that was produced so I didn´t have any of the cables in the car. My orginal Instrumentpanel also has been changed since the org broke. Now I have the new Ph2 Instrument in the car wich means it should be a piece of cake to retro fit the speech even in the new Laguna Ph2.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Great stuff, on the dual cone speaker, the second plug is connected to the hand's free system, do you know if this cable is used for the voice synth instead of. On the later phase, wouldn't the connections have been removed on the speedo.
Is there any chance you have any photo's to show us.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
iv just had a quick look for the pre installed cables for the voice box but no joy, iv come across a brown connector block under the card reader and a green and yellow block next to the speaker and the light dimmer, any ideas what these are for.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Has anyone else done this? I've got a damaged 02 plate car with synth i'd like to take the relevant bits out and put in to a new 03 plate im buying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone else done this? I've got a damaged 02 plate car with synth i'd like to take the relevant bits out and put in to a new 03 plate im buying.

I know about 4 ppl who has done this with 0 problems. In the 03 you probarly still have the cables, soyou just have to connect it.

You need the Switch/ speaker / speechcomputer/ also if you can get the connectors with 10cm cables.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I know about 4 ppl who has done this with 0 problems. In the 03 you probarly still have the cables, soyou just have to connect it.

You need the Switch/ speaker / speechcomputer/ also if you can get the connectors with 10cm cables.

Hi, so its just a case of uplugging that lot from my 02 plate and plugging it in tomy 03 plate? I should already have the speech computer on my 03 plate then as its on the instrument cluster so all I need to change over is the switch and speaker?

OR am I way out ?:p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its hard to say , because they removed the speech 03, some cars have the computer some dont, some have cables some dont. So to be safe get everything out of your old.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Right, today I removed from my 02 plate priv the voice computer, switch and connectors. I spent the evening making up a wiring loom according to what chh posted earlier in the thread. I've got pics of what I did , which I shall post later :)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I'm having problems with this, is chh still around? Or can anyone find the instructions he was linking to? Ive looked on laguna2.de to no avail!

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Bit of an update, I now have a fully working voice synth installed in my 2003 Initiale :) I shall post some pics up of how i did it later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts